This delicious mango protein smoothie packs a whopping 22 grams of protein. That is surely enough to keep you energized all morning long. This is our go to smoothie for flavor and nutrition. We also love this watermelon banana smoothie and papaya smoothie. This tropical smoothie bowl is pretty awesome also!
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make it without protein powder, yet still get the benefit of extra protein. The protein comes from all natural nut butter. We add that to all of our smoothies at home. It helps us feel full and nourished.
Reasons to Love This Recipe
- It's easy. You literally add everything to a non-reactive saucepan and cook on the stovetop for a few minutes.
- It's simple in that it uses only 3 ingredients.
- It's quick. Fifteen minutes max is all you need to make this delicious, fruity compote.
- It's versatile. As mentioned above, this compote will take you from breakfast to dessert.
- It can be made ahead. You can easily make this ahead and store it as instructed below.
- It makes enough to share with a hungry crowd. This recipe makes two cups, easily enough to please a crowd. It's great for Mother's Day, holidays, and and other special occasions like Valentine's Day.
❤️ Why This Recipe Works
- It's fast! You can make this smoothie in 5 minutes or less!
- It's an easy grab and go recipe. If you're pressed for time, you can easily fit it in between all of your other activities. You can also make it the night before and store it in a jar in your fridge, so that it will be ready to go the next morning!
- It's nutritious. It packs a whopping 22 grams of protein and has the many health benefits of mango, Greek yogurt, and all natural nut butter.
- It's simple. It contains only 4 readily available ingredients.
- It's delicious!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk. You can sub regular milk, soy, or nut milk. For a homemade nut milk, you might want to give this tasty homemade walnut milk a try! It's nutritious, super easy to make, and contains no preservatives.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt. You can substitute frozen yogurt. You can also make this recipe without the yogurt by substituting a small sliced banana. The banana will help thicken it up. This will make a dairy free vegan version.
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract. Optional. This adds a little extra flavor, but it's not necessary at all.
- 3 tablespoons almond butter. You can sub sunflower seed butter, homemade walnut butter or peanut butter. Bear in mind that the peanut butter will add flavor. Most of the protein comes from the nut butter. If you're concerned about fat, you can cut this amount in half and add a serving of your favorite protein powder or omit the nut butter altogether and go with just protein powder if you have a nut allergy.
- 1½ cups mango. Chopped and frozen. For convenience, I suggest buying pre-frozen mango chunks. The mango itself contains about 2 grams of protein.
The only special equipment you will need to make this mango smoothie is a high power blender.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
Wondering what to eat with this smoothie for breakfast? Here are a few suggestions:
- ½ of a Croque Madame sandwich.
- ½ of a breakfast panini.
- Bacon egg and cheese breakfast cups.
- Phyllo breakfast cups.
- Swiss baked eggs.
- Smoked salmon toasts.
- Breakfast hash brown egg muffins.
🥤 Related Recipes
More delicious smoothie, smoothie bowl, and shake recipes!
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below and don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick & easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Mango Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt You can substitute frozen yogurt or a small sliced banana for a dairy free vegan version.
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract Optional. This adds a little extra flavor, but not necessary at all.
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1½ cups mango Chopped and frozen.
- Add ingredients to a blender in this order: coconut milk, yogurt, coconut extract, almond butter and frozen mango.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.