Who doesn't love fresh watermelon in the summer? I know I do! I can't think of a better way to enjoy watermelon for breakfast than in this tasty and refreshing watermelon banana smoothie! Just look at that beautiful color. Yes! It's just as good as this tropical smoothie bowl, and if you haven't tried that one yet, you might want to try it next!
Breakfast isn't just for smoothies Have you tried making your own fresh fruit juice for breakfast yet? We recently purchased a juice extractor and have been giving it a workout making our own fruit juices for breakfast. This peach juice is one of the first recipes we developed for the site, and we instantly fell in love with it. We also share a recipe for making a healthy and delicious peach crumble dessert that you can make with the pulp. You can feel good knowing that not only are you making a healthy juice without the preservatives and added refined sugar, but nothing will go to waste! We are looking forward to sharing more fresh juice recipes with you!
⭐ Why This Recipe Works
- It uses only 3 healthy whole food ingredients.
- It's healthy.
- It's super easy.
- It's super quick.
- It's refreshing.
- It's nutritious.
- It's low calorie.
- It's high protein.
- And the best thing of all is it's delicious!
- 1 medium banana. Sliced. You should end up with approximately ¾ cup of sliced banana.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar. Light or dark. Optional. For a sugar-free option, try Swerve brown sugar substitute. It has zero net carbs and no calories. I did not include the brown sugar in the ingredient photo because this is part of an optional step. I have included this step in the recipe because it will bring out the flavor of the banana. However, you can omit this step altogether, and the smoothie will taste just as good. 🙂
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt. You can substitute frozen yogurt or a small sliced banana for a dairy free vegan version. If you don't mind a thinner smoothie, you can also substitute a nut milk like almond or this simple and easy homemade walnut milk. It is also dairy-free and vegan.
- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon. Chopped into 1 inch cubes.
- Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of nut butter, like this delicious homemade walnut butter for a natural protein boost!
The first two photos show an optional step. You do not have to do this, but it does help to bring out the banana flavor. Feel free to skip to Step 2 if you don't want the added sugar or don't want to bother with this step. This smoothie will taste just as delicious!
- Watermelon Banana Smoothie Bowl. Add ½ cup of uncooked rolled oats or chia seeds to the blender. This will absorb some of the liquid and make the smoothie thicker. It will also provide some additional nutrition!
- Watermelon Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Add ½ cup of frozen strawberries to blender along with the watermelon and banana.
- Watermelon Cucumber Banana Smoothie. Add ¼ to ½ of a sliced cucumber to blender along with the watermelon and banana. Adjust cucumber to taste.
- Watermelon Banana Apple Smoothie. Peel and chop 1 medium apple. If you want a tart flavor, I recommend the Granny Smith or McIntosh variety. If your taste buds lean toward the sweet, I would use Fuji or Gala. Add either ½ or whole apple, depending on how much apple flavor you want in your smoothie.
😋 Related Recipes
More delicious smoothie, smoothie bowl and shake recipes to make and enjoy!
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Watermelon Banana Smoothie
- 1 medium banana Sliced. You should end up with approximately ¾ cup of sliced banana.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar Light or dark. Optional.
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt You can substitute frozen yogurt or a small sliced banana for a dairy free vegan version.
- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon Chopped into 1 inch cubes.
- Optional Step: Add sliced banana to a small bowl. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top and microwave on high for about 20-30 seconds.Stir the brown sugar and banana and set aside to cool.
- In a large blender, add all ingredients in this order: yogurt, watermelon, and banana.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.