Peanut butter is a real treat, isn't it? It's one of my favorite snacks, and I love adding it to recipes whenever I get a chance, like these amazing peanut butter pancakes (my favorite pancakes of all time!), these peanut butter and jelly breakfast bars, this chocolate chip peanut butter bread (yum!) and these Thai chicken wraps. So of course I can't pass up the opportunity to share this beautiful peanut butter milkshake with you today.
This beauty is super simple and easy and quick. We love those kinds of recipes around here! It may not be the healthiest option on the block, but it's great for those times when you want to pamper yourself or serve something extra special for brunch.
- ¼ cup milk. You can substitute almond or coconut milk for a dairy free, vegan option.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream. You can sub coconut ice cream if you can find it. You can also substitute frozen yogurt or a small frozen sliced banana. Use banana and almond or coconut milk to make this milkshake vegan.
- ⅓ cup peanut butter. You can use either creamy or chunky peanut butter. For a healthier option, choose all natural peanut butter with no added sugar.
- Whipped cream. Optional.
- Chopped peanuts. Raw or toasted. Optional.
To make this shake vegan, substitute almond or coconut milk for the milk and 2 small frozen bananas for the ice cream.
Click here to see how to make this peanut butter milkshake in a visual story.
- Peanut butter and banana milkshake. Replace the ice cream with 2 small frozen bananas. To freeze the bananas, peel and slice them up. Lay a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet and spread the sliced bananas on top. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for a day or two. Once frozen, you can place the frozen bananas in a freezer bag or airtight freezer-safe container or you can use them right away in this milkshake. This is a vegan version of this milkshake.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake. Add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake. After blending, stir in a teaspoon of your favorite preserves.
🥤 Related Recipes
More delicious milkshake recipes to enjoy.
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Peanut Butter Milkshake
- ¼ cup milk You can substitute almond or coconut milk.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream Or coconut ice cream if you can find it. You can substitute frozen yogurt or a small frozen sliced banana.
- ⅓ cup peanut butter Creamy or chunky.
- whipped cream Optional.
- chopped peanuts Raw or toasted. Optional.
- Add all ingredients to a large blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a chilled glass and top with whipped cream and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply