Smoothies and smoothie bowls are always popular breakfast options. For good reason. They are delicious, refreshing, and healthy, not to mention quick, easy, and versatile. We've shared a few mango recipes so far, like these delicious mango pancakes, this quick and easy mango compote, and this refreshing and protein-packed mango protein smoothie. In light of our mango obsession, we are delighted to share this mango smoothie bowl with you today. Honestly, I think it just provides another reason to purchase more mango, as if we needed an excuse to do that. 😉
This smoothie bowl couldn't be easier. It's just a matter of adding most of your ingredients to a blender, and topping with more delicious stuff. We have lots of topping ideas in our toppings for smoothie bowls post. If smoothie bowls are your thing, don't forget to check out this tropical smoothie bowl and this banana smoothie bowl. These berry yogurt parfaits are definitely worth a gander and a try as well.
❤️ Reasons to Love This Recipe
- It's healthy. Greek yogurt contains a remarkable amount of protein and that's important for sustained energy. Just be sure to choose one that contains no added sugar. Mango contains lots of nutrients, including a healthy serving of vitamin C. (source)
- It's quick. You can have this recipe done in 20 minutes or less.
- It's easy. To make this smoothie bowl, it's just a matter of blending a few simple ingredients and adding your favorite toppings.
- It's simple. This recipe doesn't require a bunch of obscure ingredients.
- It's delicious and satisfying. Make this smoothie bowl for yourself, and feel good about the food you are putting into your body.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt. Plain, coconut, or vanilla flavored.
- 1 medium banana. Peeled, sliced, and frozen.
- 2 cups mango. Chopped and frozen.
- 1 teaspoon honey. Optional. To sweeten as desired to taste.
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts. Toasted and chopped. For topping. To toast, add nuts to a dry skillet over low-medium heat. Toast stirring occasionally for about five minutes.
- 1 small kiwi. Sliced.
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes. Toasted. To toast, add flakes to a dry skillet over low-medium heat. Toast stirring often for about three minutes.
- 1 medium mango. Fresh, not frozen, Sliced.
- Chef's knife. Used to slice the fresh mango and kiwi.
- Blender. We love this high power blender by Vitamix. This one has never let us down!
- Non-Dairy - Substitute non-dairy yogurt for the Greek yogurt.
- Vegan - Add an extra banana (peeled, sliced, and frozen) and ½ to 1 cup of almond, coconut, or walnut milk.
- Extra Protein - Stir in a tablespoon of creamy or chunky peanut butter or this homemade walnut butter.
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl - Add ½ cup frozen strawberries. Top with sliced fresh strawberries.
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl - Add ½ cup frozen pineapple. Top with chopped fresh pineapple.
- Mango Acai Smoothie Bowl - Add one packet of frozen acai puree.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week. Leave the toppings off and add them just before eating.
🍨 Related Recipes
More smoothie recipes to make and enjoy!
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups Greek yogurt Plain, coconut, or vanilla flavored.
- 1 medium banana Peeled, sliced, and frozen.
- 2 cups mango Chopped and frozen.
- 1 teaspoon honey Optional. To sweeten as desired to taste.
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts Toasted and chopped. For topping.
- 1 small kiwi Sliced.
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes Toasted.
- 1 medium mango Fresh, not frozen, Sliced.
- Combine yogurt, frozen banana, frozen mango, and honey (if using) in a blender and blend until smooth.2 cups Greek yogurt, 1 medium banana, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 cups mango
- Pour the mixture into two medium shallow bowls (or one large bowl).
- Top with sliced mango, chopped macadamia nuts, kiwi, homemade granola, and/or coconut flakes.1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, 1 small kiwi, 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, 1 medium mango
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.