We have another delicious French toast recipe for you today. This pineapple French toast is so very simple to make. To make it even better, I was able to find Hawaiian bread sliced one-inch thick in my local grocery store bakery. It's perfect for this recipe. Don't worry if you can't find it though. French bread or regular white or wheat bread would work just as well. Whatever you use. just make sure it is at least a day old. If the bread is too fresh it will soak up too much of the egg mixture and become too soggy.
This section includes affiliate links.
The equipment you will need to make this recipe are listed below. To prepare the egg mixture, you can use either a blender or a medium glass bowl with an electric mixer. You do not need both.
- 4 slices day old bread (white, wheat or Hawaiian).
- 2 large eggs.
- ⅔ cup milk.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar.
- 4 pineapple rings
Step 1. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract to a blender and blend for about 1 minute. Alternatively, you can add ingredients to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish and set aside.
Step 2. Melt 1 tablespoon in a griddle or medium skillet set to medium heat.
Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture. Place on griddle and cook for about 5 minutes.
Serve immediately. This pineapple French toast is plenty sweet enough on its own, but you can serve it with some warm homemade syrup, if you'd like.
📕 Related Recipes
- Caramel Apple French Toast
- French Toast Stuffed with Strawberries and Bananas
- Deep Fried French Toast
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
- Orange Pancakes
- Cinnamon Sugar Waffles
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Pineapple French Toast
- 4 slices bread white, wheat or Hawaiian, day old
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 pineapple rings
- Add egg, milk and vanilla extract to a blender and blend for about 1 minute. Alternatively, you can add ingredients to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon in a griddle or medium skillet set to medium heat.Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture. Place on griddle and cook for about 5 minutes.
- While bread is cooking, sprinkle one tablespoon of brown sugar on each slice of bread. Add one pineapple ring to each slice of bread.Turn bread and cook on the other side for about 5 minutes or until well-browned and brown sugar is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.