If you're looking for an easy, tasty and inexpensive breakfast casserole, we have one. If you're anything like me, you love a good breakfast casserole. Not only are they usually just dump and bake, but they're a great make-ahead option for breakfast. Let's face it. There often isn't enough time in the morning to make something from scratch. The beauty of this green chile breakfast casserole is that you can bake it up on the weekend and enjoy it all week. This is also a great recipe for entertaining because it can feed a crowd.
(This section contains affiliate links.)
There are a couple of methods that you can use to prepare the eggs for this casserole. I found it easier to use a blender. If you don't have a blender, you can use a large glass bowl and electric mixer instead.
- 32 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 4 oz. cans diced green chiles
- 12 large eggs
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Drain chiles and reserve liquid into a large bowl or blender.
Step 2. Spray a baking dish or medium cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
Step 3. Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes until eggs are set. Serve with salsa, if desired.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
You can prepare this casserole the day before and put it in the refrigerator overnight to bake the next morning. Do not keep it uncooked for longer than a day. Do not freeze the uncooked casserole.
Refrigerate any leftovers within two hours. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If the casserole is still intact in its baking vessel, you can reheat it in the oven at 350°F (176°C) for about 20-30 minutes. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave on high heat for a minute or two.
📚 Related Recipes
- Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
- Triple Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Pancake Breakfast Casserole (Whole Grain)
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below and don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick & easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Green Chile Breakfast Casserole
- 32 oz. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 4 oz. cans green chiles diced
- 12 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).Drain chiles and reserve liquid into a large bowl or blender. Add eggs to bowl or blender and beat/blend until frothy. Set aside.
- Spray a baking dish or medium cast iron skillet with cooking spray, and spread half of cheese on bottom of dish. Layer the green chiles on top of cheese. Top with remaining cheese.Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes until eggs are set. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.