Do you want to learn how to make the easiest waffles on the planet? Well, step right up! These amazing, decadent Nutella waffles involve no mixing, no bowl dirtying, and use only 2 ingredients. How can that be? Well, they use frozen puff pastry dough and Nutella. That's it! Plus, they take less than 30 minutes to make, only 10 minutes if you don't count the thawing time. Read on to learn how to make them!
This recipe is featured in our lineup of easy sweet breakfast recipes. Check them out!
❤️ Why This Recipe Works
- They're easy! Seriously, the easiest waffles ever.
- They're simple. They use only 2 ingredients!
- The Nutella doesn't get lost in the batter. These waffles contain a decadent, delicious layer of Nutella in the middle so you get to enjoy a mouthful of the delicious chocolate stuff with every bite!
- The puff pastry exterior creates a light, flaky, and buttery crust. They are a little like waffle turnovers.
- 1 box frozen puff pastry. 17.3 ounce box, 2 sheets per box.
- ¼ cup Nutella.
- Waffle maker.
- Pizza cutter. If you have a pastry wheel, that's great. We don't, so I just used our trusty pizza cutter.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
These are so delicious on their own that you don't need to drizzle them with syrup. If you decide to go for it, might I suggest our homemade blueberry, raspberry, or mixed berry syrup? Any one of them would taste amazing with these Nutella stuffed waffles. This homemade strawberry compote would be wonderful also. We went simple with ours and just added a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
🧇 Related Recipes
More waffle recipes to enjoy!
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry 17.3 ounce box, 2 sheets per box.
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Thaw out the puff pastry according to package instructions. Spread one sheet of pastry on a lightly floured surface or on top of a large piece of wax paper.Use a pizza cutter or pastry wheel to cut the pastry into squares to fit your waffle iron. For our waffle iron, we cut four 4 by 4 inch squares.If you have a round waffle iron, measure the inside diameter of your waffle iron and draw a circle on a piece of paper to use as a template. Then use the template to cut a circle in the pastry. I recommend further cutting the circle into fourths to make the pasty easier to handle.Repeat for second sheet of pastry.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Then carefully lay pastry squares (or prepared pastry for round waffle iron) on top of the hot grates. Please be careful with this step because the waffle iron is very hot!
- Place 1 tablespoon of Nutella on top of each pastry square. Allow to heat for about 30 seconds to soften the Nutella.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the Nutella to within ½ inch of the edges of pastry squares.
- Top Nutella with remaining pastry squares and cook according to manufacturer's instructions for light waffles. Do not overcook these. They are done when the pastry is lightly browned, flaky, and no longer soft. The time it takes will vary according to your waffle iron.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.