Do you enjoy a crunchy salad with a tangy creamy base? If so, we've got you covered with this carrot cucumber salad! This salad features plain Greek yogurt, fresh lemon, fresh dill, Dijon mustard, and garlic. Like this simple tomato salad, it's refreshing and super easy to make!
To prepare the carrots and cucumber, you can either spiralize them for a beautiful presentation or grate the carrots using a box grater or food processor and chop the cucumber. Either way, it's a beautiful, colorful salad!
❤️ Reasons to Love This Recipe
- It's healthy. This salad comes in at less than 100 calories per serving and is relatively low in fat and carbs. It's also loaded with Vitamin A and fiber.
- It's quick. This recipe comes together in 15 minutes or less!
- It's easy. This recipe is so easy to make. To make this salad, it's just a matter of combining the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. We spiralized the carrots and cucumber for a nice presentation, but you could hand grate or buy pre-shredded carrots and chop the cucumber.
- It's simple. You need just a handful of readily available ingredients to make this salad.
- Carrots. This salad uses raw carrots. You can prepare the carrots by spiralizing them, hand grating them, or grating them in the food processor. You can also buy pre-grated carrots.
- Cucumber. Peeled. To remove excess moisture from the spiralized cucumber, add it to a double layer of paper towels and squeeze the excess liquid out. There is no need to do this step if you are using chopped cucumber.
- Plain Greek yogurt. You can use either full fat or low fat. For a dairy free option, you can use dairy free yogurt.
- Large lemon. Zested and juiced. The lemon adds a nice tang to this salad. If you want it to be less tangy, you can substitute a small lemon.
- Fresh dill. Chopped. Fresh dill pairs very well with the carrots and cucumber. We recommend using fresh dill, rather than dried, in this salad.
- Dijon mustard. You can substitute yellow mustard. Yellow mustard is sweeter and more mild than Dijon.
- Minced garlic.
- Kosher salt. You can substitute a lesser amount of table salt.
- Ground pepper. Freshly ground is best.
See recipe card for quantities.
- Dry measuring cups. Measure the yogurt in a dry measuring cup.
- Measuring spoons.
- Spiralizer. This is optional. We used the spiralizer that attaches to our KitchenAid mixer to prepare our salad. We love the way the carrot and cucumber curls look! Use a food processor or box grater if you prefer to grate the carrots and chop the cucumber instead.
- Food processor. Used to grate the carrots if you choose to grate them instead. You can also buy pre shredded carrots and chop the cucumber, if you prefer.
- Box grater. Used to grate the carrots.
- Medium bowl. Used to toss the salad.
- Small bowl. Used to mix the dressing.
For a dairy-free version, you can substitute a dairy free yogurt.
Once it's dressed, this salad has a short shelf life in your fridge. It will keep in an airtight container in your fridge for a day or two. However, it's best consumed right away.
You can prepare the carrots ahead of time, but we recommend waiting until the last minute to prepare the cucumber. The dressing should also be made fresh at the time you plan on serving the salad.
This salad does not stand up well to freezing.
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
If you are wondering what to serve with this salad, we suggest the following:
🥗 Related Recipes
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Carrot Cucumber Salad
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1 large cucumber Peeled.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt Plain.
- 1 large lemon Zested and juiced. This would be about 1 tablespoon zest and 3 tablespoons juice.
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill Chopped.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Or ⅛ teaspoon table salt.
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Spiralize the carrots and cucumber. To remove excess moisture from the cucumber, add it to a double layer of paper towels and squeeze the excess liquid out. Alternatively, you can hand grate the carrots and chop the cucumber. Add the carrots and cucumber to a large bowl.2 pounds carrots, 1 large cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, dill, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and juice.1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 large lemon, 2 tablespoons fresh dill, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- Add dressing to carrots and cucumber. Toss to combine.
Nutritional information provided is for one serving and is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
Is it good if you add sliced lettuce and other vegetables?
Yes you can. I hope you like it.