You’ll be amazed at how delicious, flavor-packed and easy these pesto grilled chicken wraps are! This is sure to become one of your go-to recipes for lunch!
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for something tasty, easy and inexpensive that I can grab for lunch. It seems like when working a 9-5 lunch becomes an afterthought, and more often than not I default to either frozen entrees or expensive restaurant food. It’s all I can do to even fit in a lunch break, let alone plan a meal. Enter these delicious pesto grilled chicken wraps. They tick every requirement box, and do you know what’s even better? They can be made ahead.
This recipe came about because I was missing my favorite wrap from Rojoz Gourmet Wraps that I used to enjoy for lunch on a regular basis when in lived in California. My favorite was the Best O’Pesto Chicken wrap. Since I moved to Arizona every so often I would get a hankering for that wrap, and tried several wrap places in the area but none of them matched the great flavor of the Rojoz pesto chicken wrap.
I finally had an epiphany. Why not try to make it at home? I believe that I have managed to capture the flavor and texture of my favorite wrap if I do say so myself. I’m not sharing this to take anything away from Rojoz. By all means, if you are ever in the Bay Area and want to try a great wrap and smoothie place, then check them out. They have a lot of delicious wraps and smoothies.
Let me tell you a little bit about this wrap. The rice, tomatoes, olives, Feta and pesto and chicken blend together to create a salty, and slightly sweet flavor. Yum! The nuts and peas give some a nice crunchy texture. Plus all of the colorful ingredients provide a feast for the eyes. I’m afraid my photos don’t even do this wrap justice. This recipe is so solid, I even gave one of my pesto grilled chicken wraps to my boss. And I didn’t lose my job!
I can’t stress enough how incredibly delicious this wrap is. Hurry! Go on and make one for yourself!
Pesto Grilled Chicken Wraps
- Medium grill pan, skillet or grill
- 1-1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded and trimmed
- 2-3 cups jasmine rice the amount depends on how much rice you want in each wrap
- 1-2 medium tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup Spanish olives sliced
- 3/4 cup raw sugar snap peas sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 6 spinach tortilla wraps
- Pound and trim the chicken breasts if the pieces are uneven. I like to marinate my chicken in a marinade of lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. I allowed mine to marinate overnight, but 30 minutes should suffice. You can also just season your chicken with salt and pepper before grilling. Grill the chicken as you normally would. I used a grill pan. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts and your grilling method, it'll take about 5-8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- To assemble the wraps: Place one of the spinach tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 20-25 seconds. Lay the warm tortilla out on a piece of aluminum foil cut large enough to accommodate the tortilla. Lay a bed of rice in the middle of the tortilla, add a few chicken pieces, tomatoes, olives, peas, and pine nuts. Spoon some pesto over the top and finish it off with some crumbled Feta. Beginning with the end closest to you, grab the tortilla and roll the wrap up. While rolling grab the left and right sides of the tortilla and fold them in, keep rolling and tucking in sides, use the foil to help keep everything tight.