If you love banana bread (and who doesn't?!), you will love this quick and easy air fryer banana bread! This year for Christmas I received this air fryer as well as the Magnolia Table cookbook by Joanna Gaines. One of the first recipes I wanted to try was the banana bread. The recipe calls for four to five bananas. I figured you can't go wrong with five bananas and so this recipe must be delicious! Since I've been having a lot of fun with the new air fryer, I decided to try adapting this recipe for the air fryer. It took a few tries to get the baking time and temperature just right, but I firmly believe we have a winner now!
Like our banana raisin bread, cardamom quick bread, maple syrup bread, and chocolate chip peanut butter bread this recipe uses loaf pans. However this banana bread is made in four cute mini loaf pans. Full size loaf pans may not fit into your air fryer basket. These mini banana bread loaves are the perfect size for gifts or to take along on a picnic or road trip.
Table of Contents
❤️ Reasons to Love This Recipe
- It's quick. Because an air fryer bakes in a fraction of the time of a conventional oven, and baking time is reduced because this recipe is made in mini loaf pans, you can have this bread done in no time!
- It's simple. Six readily available ingredients are all you need to whip up this delicious banana bread!
- It's easy. You don't have to follow a bunch of complicated steps to make this bread. As such, it will easily become a breakfast or snack staple in your house.
- It's make ahead friendly. This bread stores and freezes well. If you want to make it now to enjoy next week or next month, it will taste just as good as the day you made it.
- It's moist and delicious. Seriously. We can't resist this bread in our house. It's definitely a great day when this stuff is around!
- ½ cup unsalted butter. Melted and cooled.
- 1 cup light brown sugar. Packed.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 5 medium bananas. Very ripe.
- 1¾ cups self-rising flour. You can substitute all-purpose flour for the self-rising flour. Use 1¾ cups of all-purpose flour plus 2 teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans (5.91 in. L by 3.15 in W by 1.65 in. H) or spray them with cooking spray. Set aside.
Return basket(s) to air fryer, set temperature to 325 F (163 C), and air fry for 15 minutes. Drop temperature to 300 F (149 C) and continue air frying for another 8-10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove basket(s) and allow to cool.
- Mini loaf pans. This recipe uses mini loaf pans because a full size loaf pan may not fit in your air fryer basket.
- Medium bowl.
- Stand mixer. You can use a large bowl and hand mixer instead.
- Air fryer. We recommend this air fryer for its versatility. The baskets are extra large, and allows for cooking different foods at different temperatures simultaneously.
- Gluten Free - Substitute Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-Balking flour for the self-rising flour in this recipe. In this case, you will have to add 2 teaspoons baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Sugar Free - Substitute Swerve products for the sugar used in this recipe: Swerve brown sugar. (affiliate link).
- All Purpose Flour - As mentioned above, you can substitute all-purpose flour for the self-rising flour. Use 1¾ cups of all-purpose flour plus 2 teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - Stir ⅓ cup chocolate chips into the batter.
- Nutty - Stir ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts into the batter.
- Fruity - Stir dried fruit, like raisins, cranberries, cherries, or apricots into the batter before adding to pans. This banana raisin bread recipe uses raisins.
Wrap loaves tightly in plastic wrap then wrap again with aluminum foil. The loaves will keep in your fridge for up to a week. To maximize freshness, wrap then freeze immediately. The loaves will keep in your freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave.
💭 Top tip
Be sure to use overripe bananas for this bread. Bananas that are covered with several brown spots are perfect. If the bananas are still a bit green, allow them to ripen on your kitchen counter for an extra day or two.
🍌 Related Recipes
More quick bread recipes to make and enjoy.
Plus more banana recipes!
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Recipe adapted from the Magnolia Table cookbook by Joanna Gaines.
Air Fryer Banana Bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter Melted and cooled.
- 1 cup light brown sugar Packed.
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium bananas Very ripe.
- 1¾ cups self-rising flour
- Spray cooking spray or grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans (5.91 in. L by 3.15 in W by 1.65 in. H). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas, leaving them a bit chunky. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended.½ cup unsalted butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix until combined.5 medium bananas
- Add the flour and beat until just combined.1¾ cups self-rising flour
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- Place pans into air fryer basket. One basket usually holds two pans. Bake in two batches if you have a single basket air fryer.
- Return basket(s) to air fryer, set temperature to 325 F (163 C), and air fry for 15 minutes. Drop temperature to 300 F (149 C) and continue air frying for another 8-10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove basket(s) and allow to cool.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.