Oh these ribs! I've heard it said that the word delicious is overused in food blogs, but what can I say? These sweet and sour sticky ribs are just so delicious. I'm not exaggerating either. If you're a meat eater, you'll want to try these.
The sauce is simple. It is just a mixture of orange marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and rice vinegar. It takes literally minutes to whip together. Really the whole recipe is simple. I made these in the slow cooker and finished them off under the broiler. I haven't quite gotten the hang of grilling. If you prefer the grill then go for it! They'd be just as tasty!
I didn't marinade these, but if you want fall-off-the-bone tender ribs then you can marinade them in orange juice overnight. The next day you can simply throw your spice rub together, rub it on the ribs and then put them in the slow cooker to work their magic. This works out well in the summer when you don't want to turn on the oven. This would be a great recipe to enjoy year round too though. Looking for the perfect side? This chicken macaroni salad, these garlic butter mushrooms, or these garlic roasted potatoes would be great with these ribs! For more slow cooker magic, you might want to give this slow cooker shredded beef a try also.
Sweet & Sour Sticky Ribs
- 3 lbs St. Louis style pork ribs
- 3 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- ⅔ cup marmalade
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- Mix garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in bowl and rub over ribs.
- For a 3.5 to 4.5 quarter slow cooker: Lightly spray inside of slow cooker with vegetable oil spray. Arrange ribs along bottom and sides of prepared slow cooker, meaty side facing down. Cover and cook until ribs are tender. 5 to 6 hours on low. For a 5 to 7 quart slow cooker: Lightly spray inside of slow cooker with vegetable oil spray. Arrange ribs along bottom and sides of prepared slow cooker, meaty side facing down. Cover and cook until ribs are tender. 3 to 4 hours on low.
- Adjust oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Set wire rack in aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and spray with oil spray. Whisk preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, and vinegar together. Transfer ribs meaty side up to prepared rack. Brush ribs with sauce, then broil until browned and sticky, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce. Enjoy!