If you're into raspberries and white chocolate, you are going to love these raspberry and white chocolate muffins! They are so moist, light, and airy. The raspberries and white chocolate go together perfectly, just like the strawberries and ginger in these strawberry muffins with a ginger crumb topping. In fact, this recipe is based off of that one, along with our recipe for peach muffins. If you love this recipe, you may want to give those two a try. Also, if you're looking for a sweet treat that uses this flavor combination, you can't go wrong with these raspberry white chocolate cookies!
⭐ Why This Recipe Works
- It's so very easy. It's really just a matter of combining your dry ingredients, then your wet ingredients, then combining the two together, and folding in the white chocolate chips and raspberries.
- They are very moist. You don't have to worry about dry muffins. The butter makes them melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- These muffins are a great make-ahead treat for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert. We love eating them with ice cream!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder. Leavening agent. Baking powder helps the muffins to rise.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda. Leavening agent that works with the buttermilk.
- ¼ teaspoon salt. Enhances flavor.
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar. Adds sweetness. You can substitute granular Swerve sweetener for a sugar-free version.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter. Melted and cooled.
- 1 cup buttermilk. If you don't have buttermilk you can substitute: 1 cup regular milk plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar.
- 1 large egg. This is a binding agent. It helps to hold everything together. To make an eggless version of this recipe, substitute ¼ cup of plain Greek yogurt for the egg like we have done in this recipe for eggless blueberry muffins. So delicious!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Or vanilla paste. Added for flavor. You can also use almond extract instead.
- ½ cup white chocolate chips.
- 1½ cup raspberries. You can substitute an equal amount of frozen raspberries. Do not thaw first.
Step 1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease and flour a 12-cup regular muffin or 6-cup jumbo muffin pan. Alternatively, you can use baking liners. Set pan aside.
Step 8. Bake as follows:
For regular muffins: 20-30 minutes.
For jumbo muffins: 35-45 minutes.
Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Large bowl. For the dry ingredients and batter.
- Mesh strainer. For sifting dry ingredients.
- Blender. You can use a bowl and whisk or handheld electric mixer instead.
- 12-cup regular muffin pan or 6-cup jumbo muffin pan. This recipe makes 12 regular muffins or 6 jumbo muffins. You will have to adjust baking time accordingly.
🔖 Related Recipes
More delicious muffins for your baking pleasure!
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter Melted and cooled.
- 1 cup buttermilk Buttermilk substitute: 1 cup regular milk plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Or vanilla paste.
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1½ cup raspberries You can substitute an equal amount of frozen raspberries. Do not thaw first.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease and flour a 12-cup regular muffin or 6-cup jumbo muffin pan. Alternatively, you can use baking liners. Set pan aside.
- Using a mesh strainer over a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- Add butter, buttermilk, egg, and, vanilla to a blender and blend on low for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can add these ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk or mix with a hand mixer on medium for about 30 seconds to a minute.6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.½ cup white chocolate chips
- Gently fold in the raspberries.1½ cup raspberries
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, dividing evenly.
- Bake as follows:For regular muffins: 20-30 minutes.For jumbo muffins: 35-45 minutesMuffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before attempting to remove the muffins from the pan.