Chicken breast stuffed with vegetable herb cream cheese, garlic and toasted pine nuts. An easy weeknight entree!
I have an easy weeknight entree for you today. We can all use easy weeknight dinner recipes, can’t we? One can never have too many of those in the cooking arsenal. This recipe works because it incorporates a lot of great flavors (herbs, garlic and honey mustard) and it has great texture with the addition of the toasted pine nuts. That crunch is one of my favorite parts.
Chicken is one of my favorite go-to items for weeknight dinners. Actually it’s one of my favorite go-to items for cooking in general. It’s inexpensive and healthy. Two very good things indeed. The rice that you see pictured is a garlic and herb rice that I threw together. It’s fabulous with the chicken, and I’ll be sharing that recipe with you soon! Update: You can find the rice recipe here.
This recipe involves simply mixing some garden vegetable cream cheese with minced garlic, chopped scallions and toasted pine nuts. Then you cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, stuff the pockets with the cream cheese mixture, and then fold the chicken breasts closed again. The final touch is brushing the top with a honey mustard mixture. Each step will just take you a few minutes. While they’re baking you can pour yourself a glass of wine and unwind from the day. The perfect weeknight dinner!
Garlic and Herb Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 12-14 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C)
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic, scallions and toasted pine nuts. Set aside.
- Blot chicken breasts with a paper towel. With a sharp knife, make a horizontal cut halving the chicken breasts, but leave one side attached. Spread the chicken breasts open so that they lie flat .
- Place a generous tablespoon in the middle of each chicken breast. Reclose the chicken breast and pinch closed.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard and honey. Brush on the top of each chicken breast. Place the chicken breasts on a flat foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.