If you're looking for a simple breakfast recipe, we've got you covered with these air fryer breakfast potatoes. I received an air fryer for Christmas this year, and I must say that I didn't think I would love it as much as I do! I love how quickly it cooks so many different things. I'm pretty sure that we'll be sharing lots of air fryer recipes this year!
These potatoes would make the perfect side dish for this leek and mushroom quiche or this quiche provencale. They would also be great with this overnight sausage breakfast casserole, this mushroom breakfast casserole or this tomato omelette.
Table of Contents
❤️ Reasons to Love This Recipe
- It's a crowd pleaser. Make these for breakfast and get rave reviews!
- It's easy. A few simple steps are all it takes to make these breakfast potatoes.
- It's healthy. One serving of these potatoes doesn't have a ton of calories, and it's low in fat and a great source of fiber.
- It's quick. It takes just a few minutes in the air fryer to cook these potatoes. You can have these done in 30 minutes or less!
- It's simple. It takes only a handful of simple ingredients to make these flavorful breakfast potatoes.
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes. Scrubbed and cubed into 1-inch cubes. You can substitute just about any potato, even sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes will have a different flavor. Peeling the potatoes is optional. We decided to keep the skin on because it's a great source of fiber.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil. You can substitute vegetable or canola oil.
- Salt and pepper. To taste.
- ¼ medium yellow onion. Chopped. About ⅓ cup. White onion will work as well.
- 1 medium red bell pepper. Chopped. You can substitute green or gold. We love red for the color.
- 1 medium scallion (green onion). Chopped. For garnish.
- Medium bowl. This is used for soaking the potatoes
- Air fryer. We have the Ninja Foodi 10 quart. 6-in-1 dual zone extra large 2 basket fryer. We love it. It's so versatile. We were able to roast a whole chicken on one side and roast potatoes on the other at the same time. Great little appliance!
These breakfast potatoes are best eaten the day that you make them. If you do have any leftovers, they will keep in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 4-5 days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
💭 Top tip
- To make things easier in the morning, chop the onion, bell pepper, and potatoes the night before. Place the potatoes in a bowl of cold water and refrigerate.
- Be sure to soak the potatoes in water for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. This will remove some of their starch and make them crispier.
- Just before adding the onion and bell pepper, shake the basket to redistribute the potatoes. This will help them cook evenly.
🔖 Related Recipes
See all egg and potato recipes →
Made this recipe? We would love it if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive a free e-cookbook of quick and easy breakfast recipes. Thanks!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes Scrubbed and cubed into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper To taste.
- ¼ medium yellow onion Chopped. About ⅓ cup.
- 1 medium red bell pepper Chopped.
- 1 medium scallion Chopped. For garnish.
- Add cubed potatoes to a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight to remove some of the starch.3 large Yukon gold potatoes
- Drain water, return potatoes to the bowl, and pat dry with a paper towel. Pour olive over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper and toss again.1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper
- Pour potatoes into air fryer basket and spread out to cover bottom of the basket.Set air fryer to 400 F (204 C) and air fry for 20 - 22 minutes.
- About halfway through cooking, pause the air fryer, shake the basket, add onion and bell pepper, and shake the basket again. Return to air fryer and finish cooking.¼ medium yellow onion, 1 medium red bell pepper
- When cooking is done, season again with salt and pepper as desired and garnish with chopped scallion (green onion).salt and pepper, 1 medium scallion
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended.