Hello and Happy Monday! I have a really simple, yet amazingly delicious recipe for you today. I love Carrabba's restaurant and was really excited when I found this copycat recipe. I don't know about you, but this recipe incorporates so many of my favorite flavors. Sun-dried tomatoes? Check. Fresh basil? Check. Garlic? Check. Butter? Check. White wine? Check. The prep work is a breeze, especially if you buy pre-minced garlic and onion. I keep a big jar of pre-minced garlic in my fridge. It's quite the time-saver. So many recipes use minced garlic that it just makes sense to use the prepared stuff, rather than mincing garlic for every recipe. That can get real old, real fast. I use it up so quickly that it doesn't have time to get stale. Just a little time-saving tip for you. 🙂
The preparation is really quite simple. Simply prep your onions, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. As I mentioned above, if you buy the pre-minced garlic, you'll have this step done in a flash. Some grocery stores have pre-chopped onion available for purchase as well. If you go this route with the onion, you may need to chop it down a bit more, depending on how finely chopped it was to begin with. Saute your onions and garlic in 2 tablespoon of butter, just for about a minute or two. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer for a couple more minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil and then stir in the rest of your butter one slice at a time. Then you just need to grill up your chicken and boil your pasta.
Now I did a silly thing and totally forgot to include the goat cheese when I took these photos. Please do not make this mistake when you make this dish for yourself and your loved ones. The cheese adds so much wonderful flavor. It would be a crying shame to have it omitted. If goat cheese is not your thing, then maybe a little feta will be the ticket. Some kind of salty tangy cheese will really set off the other flavors that you have going on in this dish.
Chicken Bryan (Carrabba's Copycat Recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup dry white wine like Chardonnay
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup cold butter, sliced
- 1-½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces goat cheese , room temperature
- your favorite pasta cooked al dente I used spaghetti
- Saute garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender.Stir wine and lemon juice into skillet, increase heat to medium high, and simmer to reduce by half.Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.Stir in tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and white pepper; remove from heat; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.Grill chicken over hot coals or in a grill pan 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Internal temp should be 165°F (74°C). A couple of minutes before chicken is done, place equal amounts of cheese on each breast Spoon prepared sun-dried tomato sauce over chicken.