Delicious and easy 6-ingredient butter cookies perfect for the holidays or any time of year!
Hello and welcome to the holiday season! Yes, the holiday season is officially upon us and with it come tasty treats! I am excited to share these wonderful butter cookies with you as well an exciting holiday gift idea giveaway! Heavenly Home Cooking is partnering with eight other online businesses to give you the opportunity to win one of nine fantastic prizes that you can either enjoy yourself or give as a gift. I am happy to have this opportunity to promote small business, and help you discover unique holiday gifts this holiday season.
I will share more about the giveaway later, but first let’s chat about these butter cookies! They come together easily using only 6 ingredients that you probably already have on hand. They are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I was inspired to make these cookies when I purchased a box of European-style piped cookies from my local grocery store. I hadn’t made piped cookies in quite a while and thought that now is the time to try them again. They look fancy enough for a holiday cookie exchange, to bring to the office, or to serve at a holiday party, but stress-free enough for busy people.
I opted to paint some food color on them after baking, but you can certainly leave them plain. They will look just as nice. You can even color the dough if you would like different color cookies. I turned some of these into sandwich cookies by filling them with strawberry jam. To paint them after baking, you simply put a drop of gel food color in a small dish, add a drop or two of vanilla extract and stir to combine. Then start painting! If you do decide to leave them plain, you can maybe put a dollop of jam in the center to dress them up a little. You can dip them in chocolate. The decorating possibilities are varied. These butter cookies would even be perfect for Valentine’s Day so don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
And now for the details on the giveaway. We have nine businesses participating, each of which has donated an item for the giveaway. The giveaway will run from November 18 through midnight November 25, 2015. Winners will be randomly chosen via Rafflecopter and informed via email on November 27, 2015.
There will be nine winners, each winner will receive one of the products below:
1. DIY Holiday Soap Flats Kit from DIY Happy Kits, an online store that sells crafting kits for kids in order to inspire and encourage creativity in our daily lives. Perfect for kids and kids at heart!
2. Handy Travel Tea Wallet from Steeping Secrets, an online store for the tea enthusiast that sells unique tea accessories. This would make a great hostess gift or gift for the travel enthusiast.
3. Whimsical Wrap Nursing Top from Udderly Hot Mama, an online store that sells fashionable and discreet nursing tops. Do you have a new mama on your shopping list? This would be perfect! Once the baby is weaned, it converts to an everyday top.
4. Signed copy of “Living Simple, Free & Happy” book from Eve of Reduction, which is a blog dedicated to the art of simple living, decluttering, and DIY. This would be great for the new homeowner on your shopping list!
5. I Love You Forever Necklace – Infinity Symbol in Sterling Silver from Woot & Hammy, which is an online shop that specializes in thoughtful jewelry with heartfelt messages. This would make a great gift for that special someone in your life.
6. Box of teacher gifts from Pampered Teacher, an online shop that sells subscription boxes especially for teachers. This would be an awesome gift for that special teacher in your life!
7. Curiosity Activity Pack: Letters from Curiosity Pack, which is an online store that sells products to inspire a love of learning in children. This would be a lovely gift for parents of young children.
8. Olfa Rotary Cutter Ergonomic 45mm Blade from Stitches Quilting, which is an online shop that sells fabric and quilting accessories. The sewer or quilter in your life would love this!
9. Chickadee espresso cups (set of four) from Heavenly Home Cooking, which as you know is a food blog, but you may not be aware that it also has an online shop, which sells unique espresso cups among other goodies. This set of espresso cups would be great for the espresso enthusiast on your list!
To enter, please sign in to Rafflecopter below using either Facebook or your email address. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 or older and winners will be chosen randomly through Rafflecopter.